Sunday, August 24, 2008

So my last 72 hours

So my last 72 hours have been pretty much non-stop, well except for today while I rested up.

Friday night I went to the Cruefest down near Cape Cod. Sixx A.M., Papa Roach, Buckcherry and Motley Crue all on one ticket. Yup, you had to know it was going to be a LONG night.

Tailgating started early at Jose's house because my cousin Manny ran late. That lead to beers before we even hit the road:



Once we arrived, I had decided that I would be drinking with the Captain. Partying with the Captain will inspire many poses:







The concert was ok, I've seen better. Everyone in the Crue looked good except for Mick Mars. His fingers worked because he lit up that guitar, but he looks like a dead man walking.

Saturday morning, I woke up and looked around and said "oh yeah, Jose's house, that's where I am" After hanging out there I went home and napped a bit. Then it was up to my bud Stoner Jamie's car show.

It's always a good time and this one was no different. I think I'm getting too old for it though because because I look around and say "how do all these kids afford this shit?" Which makes me sound like my father which I hate. Then I got to get into a couple of arguments when I got home at 11 p.m. which is always a GREAT way to end my day.

Last night I woke up a couple of times with nightmares. I dreamed that a huge guy in bad leather was trying to rob me while I was working at some store in the mall in the town where I grew up. The leather guy tried to grab me, but I got away and ran into the mall hallway where he wouldn't try to get me. Then I asked my brother to help watch out for me when I left for the night, but I got woken up by a text message before it got any further.

So today I've spent the day just hanging out, watching TV and doing a little bit of studying which I hate right now. All in all not bad for a three day weekend, but tomorrow I have to get back to work. Yay me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for goodness' sake Phil.
NEVER too old to rock.
What's wrong with you?
Snap out of it, man!

Doooh_head said...

Partying "with the Captain" will always mess you up...lol

From the patzer said...

Lucky you didn't drop the soap in that nightmare!