I have been in the midst of drama extraordinaire lately that has been just playing havoc with my mind and my nerves of late.
I have two friends in the midst of the big D. One in the midst of the battle, one considering getting it started.
I am still trying to keep my ex and my daughter from coming to blows in a winner takes all cage match of words and temper.
At work my boss was told that if he doesn't get a few of the KPI's up within 30 days, he's fired. Normally I wouldn't care, but I like this boss and you know they'll replace him with a shitty call center micro-manager.
Some friendships being tested and pushed to their breaking point...maybe. That's when my phone rang. My sister on the line Friday night.
She got the shit kicked out of her by some guy she's been dating. For the second time in a week. I feel myself morally conflicted. The guy is hiding out in Boston, supposedly in some rehab facility. My first reaction is to mount up and wait for him to stick his head up and kick it in.
My father, ever the cop, is up my ass to sit tight while he tries to work out the legal process. As much respect as I have for the law, since he doesn't have a real record, he's looking at a 3 figure fine, probation and anger management. Doesn't seem like enough...does it?
It wouldn't if it was your kid sister, your daughter, your mother...would it?
Monday, August 11, 2008
Preoccupations
Posted by Unknown at 10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 Comments:
Dude. I came across this frustration day after day when I was in welfare work. In the end I had jack of it and left. I couldn't handle it. I kept trying to save all these women, and accompanying them to the court, and then being let down by the system.
i would wait for him with a bat. go for the legs. let him think about what he's done while his knee caps heal.
I'm just worried about how your sister is doing and how she's handling this. As much as I'm sure you'd like to make this assface pay for what he did, I think it would be pretty stupid to hunt him down. Just get your sister well away from him, and hope that the legal system can at least give him a record. That is, if he hasn't already got one.
I'm hoping your sister wakes up and stands up for herself. Far too many people "let" this happen to them and don't step up and fight back - legally.
I understand why you want to hunt the guy down and kick his ass, but it's probably best to let the legal system work. Hopefully, it won't let you down.
no, it would definitely not be enough. my heart goes out to your sister.
I understand your drift to go hunt down that man and kick the living daylights out of him but i think your dad is right with which actions to take.
Dont fall to that shithead's level.
King - I was thinking actually more like stabbing him in the eye with a dull butter knife, but you may be right.
Cherry - I could never do social work. I'd kick the crap out of the men, then smack the woman in the forehead for staying with him so long.
LOTGK - Seriously I could use the therapy, or the outlet. He'd end up catching a few smacks that are really due for someone else.
Birdie - I like how you think. You're thinking like me. I had the idea of just showing up where he is out of the blue and saying "Now you know I can get you whenever I want. I just don't feel like it right now, but I will very soon" and make him just wait for it.
Faith - the criminal record means nothing here unless you get a felony, which he won't for this one.
Deej - just watch the news or read the stats. The criminal justice doesn't protect anyone from domestic violence. I doubt it will now. Problem is I've talked about bashing his head in too much now, I'd be the obvious suspect.
Stacey - thanks. She's ducking me now because she knows I don't agree with her behavior of late.
Logis - I can't sink to his level unless I go give his sister a black eye and busted lip. As gleefully ironic and satisfying as that would be, the kid doesn't have a sister.
Having watched loved ones go through this (mother, girlfriend, etc.) I understand your dilemma but could never recommend physical violence. I'm too much the pacifist for that.
Touch my kids or wife, however...
"LOTGK - Seriously I could use the therapy, or the outlet. He'd end up catching a few smacks that are really due for someone else."
BONUS!
Everyone wins!
It was much easier as a kid. If someone beat up my kid brother, I went and beat the bully up instead.
Now my brother choses to stay with someone who luckily does not physically abuse him - but the mental abuse is turning him into a poop-head and I really don't enjoy the person he's becoming.
Good luck and lots of patience to you.
Dude
You PAY someone else to do it while you're golfing. Thats the way it's done
Post a Comment