Monday, June 30, 2008

I was going to call it a night but...

I have a question that no one will answer I'm sure, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

When did people become so inconsiderate?

I'll give you three examples that all happened just today mind you.

1. I get to work. They are supposed to have an ID badge for me so I can get back in the building when I leave for lunch, etc. Boss man says "Oh you don't have that yet, well I'll get it for you by the time you leave for lunch." Well guess who still doesn't have his door badge and never saw the boss again.

2. Text message from Pam: "I'll save you a spot in line at the wake. Find me when you get there." So I get there and guess what? No Pam, no nothing. No one that I know there at all now. So I text her and ask if I beat her there. The answer? "Oh, well we've already come and gone. We got right in before there was a line." Hmm, could you...I don't know...let me know so I'm not standing outside in the 90 degree heat in a suit waiting for someone who's not coming??

3. The whole wake thing got me started on many unpleasant death thoughts and stuff, kind of questioning my place in the world around me. So I'm talking to someone close to me who is dealing with some of the same things lately and I had to step away from the computer for about 10 minutes to take care of something in the house and when I come back I have a message that said she had a phone call and she'd text me when it was done. Well, that was about 10:50. I never get the text, instead I get a call at 11:45 even though I have to be up a bit after 6 for work in the morning. Suddenly I'm the asshole because I'm not happy about it.

I swear I don't know what the fuck is wrong with people lately. It seems like everyone has just lost an ounce of respect or common courtesy towards other people. As much as I'm a cock on here bitching about people and the shit they pull, I'm not that way. I'm always where I say I'm going to be, I am always there when I say I'm going to be and if not, I let people know ahead of time if something came up.

But I seem to be in the minority lately. Especially when it comes to Pam. I'm all about done dealing with her shit. The flat out rudeness and self centered behavior I'm seeing from her is reminding me a lot of my ex-wife and there's no way I'm going to put up with that shit again. The problem is that it seems to be spreading outward. We've all hit a big selfish streak of late and it seems like I'm the only one that didn't get the memo. Maybe I'll just have to start behaving the same way in order to get anyone to notice.

1 Comment:

It's Just Me said...

No, don't lower yourself to others' behavior. I understand where you are coming from though! The other day my daughter was helping a customer who was complaining about the price of something ($2). The customer behind her gave her the $2 to pay for and and never got a thank you! My youngest (my step-daughter who hubby says acts just like her mother) thinks of no one but herself either. I just try to forget about the bad seeds and focus on the good that's out there.

So how's the new job going? Did you get a badge yet?