Sunday, June 22, 2008

El fin de semana con la familia

Or otherwise known as Weekend with the family...

So my mom and stepfather came into town this weekend for my nephew's graduation. Ironic since my father flew out of town this weekend. Don't ask me if there's any hidden cosmic meaning in all that.

Friday night after another fight with the whore wenchbag, I picked up Bman and Britt and made the trip north to stay at my dad's. Again Brianna is nowhere to be found and she still ignores my phone calls. She'll be dealt with later.

We hang out on Friday night with Bman tossing up his meals about every hour. He was just miserable so we made an early escape. We got up here to my dad's and I told him to go in the bathroom and brush his teeth. He complained after that the toothpaste tasted terrible. I went in to see what he was talking about. I held up the tube and I said "You didn't brush with this did you?" He looks and says "Yeah, that one". It was a tube of hydrocortisone cream. That's my brilliant kid.

So Saturday is the graduation and like a moron, I leave my hat in the car. Now my whole scalp is red. Not pink, red. It hurts to the touch. It burns to the touch. I'm just an idiot, what can I say? Later in the day we saw my stepsister from Tennessee. She flashed her new engagement ring and everyone ooohhed and aaaaaahhed appropriately. I learned that her fiancee is a closet cigar fanatic so I whipped out a pair of Patragas I had hidden away and we stunk out a bunch of people. It rocked to scare away the people we didn't like. I'm going to have to hang out with him more.

However the best part was when we got back to my dad's house. I was sitting on the deck enjoying one of the cigars that the new fiancee had given me and I was blabbering away on the phone. Britt decided she needed to come out and talk to me. The plan was great...until she walked straight into the screen door. Not like a bump up against it kind of thing. I mean FULL BLOWN SLAM INTO THE DOOR and MAKE A GRUNTING NOISE WHEN YOU HIT IT kind of deal. I was in hysterics I laughed so hard. The best part is about 4 years ago she did the same thing at my mom's house, although there she walked right into a solid glass slider door. DUH!

So for tonight I've just hung out and I'm going to have an early bed night since I have work and school tomorrow. I only have two more classes there until I move into my new job and have to give up interning. It's been fun but I'm tired and I want my Monday and Wednesday nights back.

0 Comments: