Last night as I was talking about the wake I went to, I remembered a project that someone mentioned to me a few years back.
It's been done as a creative writing project, etc over the years and it's popped up into my head from time to time and I thought "I wonder how that would turn out?" So today I did it.
I wrote my own obituary.
I thought going into it that it could be a hard thing to do. But once I started, it got harder and harder. Really how does one talk about themselves and their live without sounding pretentious? I mean I don't have any huge laurels to rest on. I haven't made any major contributions to society or even to my community. I'm just a guy that does his job and goes home at the end of the day, that's it. The only easy part was making the list of relatives.
I'm debating on whether or not to post it...or even keep it. Who knows, I may decide to keep it and have it posted should I reach an untimely demise in the near future.
I'll have to think on it some more.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
An exercise in introspection
Posted by Unknown at 11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment