Thursday, July 31, 2008

So many channels!

Last night after my weekly poker game with Stoner Jamie and the boys, I got my last little treat for myself for a good little while.

XM satellite radio

Now this wasn't all the expense it's cracked up to be. First off my radio was XM ready so I didn't have to buy a radio. Second, Stoner Jamie sells XM at his store so I got all the parts for cost. And last but far from least, he has free store accounts that XM gives him for demo radios. So now my car is a "demo".

So why get XM? Well there's 170 channels, comedy channels and my favorite radio show Opie and Anthony in a completely uncensored program.

Today on my way work I tested it out and there are so many channels, I don't know which ones to create presets for. If gas wasn't $4 a gallon, I'd be driving around now just to listen to it.

5 Comments:

texican412 said...

A couple of my brothers have XM (I think it's XM). and I want it, too.

I have it on my DirecTv, but it's not nearly as many channels.

My son's bird gets to listen to contemporary jazz when we go out. He seems to like it.

Eclectablog said...

Yes, you do indeed suck.

(Congrats, though)

(btw, feel free to stop by my new digs if you don't find your way back to efx2blogs. I'm crossposting at http://eclectablog.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Birdie - dude, after one week, XM has my HUGE stamp of approval. Shut off a pay cable channel and get this instead. SOOOO worth it being able to hear Jim Norton say FUCK live on the radio every morning.

Tex - It's a cool thing. It's hard to imagine not having it already. And not having to pay the monthly fee helps.

Mr E - you'd dig it. They have a channel called POTUS '08. I wonder what they're talking about on there?

From the patzer said...

I dont need such device since i lissen hardly to the radio and when i put a radio on it's only to have background noise, i dont really lissen to it.

Unknown said...

Normally I spend at least 1 hour a day in the car so I have the radio on a lot. My Ipod's getting beat up a bit so I want to have good tunes wherever I go.