Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kidney stones or jet skis?

That was my choice, deal with kidney stones or ride a jet ski. Now to be fair, I do not have any kidney stones myself. It was my father calling me this afternoon to tell me he was at the hospital.

Luckily things turned out alright with the old man. Turns out he's passed the stone, albeit after some pain and some curse words in Spanish to spare the rest of the hospital patients and he's now at home resting comfortably, aided by the joy of percocet.

So I spent the afternoon riding around on the jetski with a friend of mine. We found a nice stretch of the Nashua River on the north side of the city and ran up and down it for a few hours. It would have been more, but the stupid thing ran out of gas right as we were running out of daylight.

Although I seem to now have developed something itchy on the inside of my thigh which I can't decide is from the seat of the jetski with it's brand new vinyl or from something murky in the water. I did see a spot of water bubbling from the shore into the river and I wonder if there wasn't something...untoward being pumped into the river.

That's about it for my day. Time to finish up a movie and get my happy ass off...to bed that is you sickos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Egads, man, go take a shower and scrub away the toxic waste you may have gotten into!

Sounds like a great day. Perfect timing on the gas too. It would have totally sucked if you'd run out sooner!

Anonymous said...

They have warnings posted at lake Erie. This discourage any swimming and other activities.
I would certainly scrub up inn the shower.