Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A question to ponder

So riddle me this...do you believe in the phrase "forgive and forget"?

To me you either fall into one of these three groups:

Yes, forgive and forget

No, never forgive and NEVER EVER forget

Yes forgive, but no don't forget

Which one do you fall into and why?

6 Comments:

Ted said...

For me it depends on who i'm meant to be forgiving and how many times I've had to before. Usually I can forgive and forget, I suck at holding grudges anyway.

Having said that if I'm asked to forgive and forget for the same person repeatedly I'll eventually get to the point of just the "forget" part and flick the person. Depends how much I care as to how quickly I reach that point.

Anonymous said...

I usually forgive, but rarely forget.

Spacey Stacey said...

i forgive, but never forget. i tend to hold grudges for a long long time. i tend to think that if you did something to me that required forgiving, i should be on guard in case you do it again. fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.

From the patzer said...

I forgive but dont forget. Everybody gets a second change. Grab it and all is fine. Spoil it and it's bye bye

Unknown said...

Ok, now to Stacey's point, is holding a grudge really forgiving?

It would seem to me that holding a grudge is not truly forgiving, it's just tolerating.

I'll forgive, but I don't forget. Should someone start giving me a hard time because I don't forget, I just point out whatever damage was done by the previous transgression. I forgive, but that doesn't mean that there won't be ramifications because of their behavior.

Spacey Stacey said...

well, what i mean by holding a grudge is sort of what you just said. i don't stay mad at the person, just wary. i may keep my distance a bit, etc. eventually that wears off too and things go back to normal, but i still never forget.