Thursday, February 19, 2009

The playlist

I have been watching almost no TV lately and have been instead consuming large amounts of music.

I have always had a thing for songs done acoustically. With all the overproduced top 40 garbage out there, it's nice to see that some songs can be stripped down and be just as good or better than the originals:

Stone Temple Pilots - Crackerman from MTV Unplugged (this DVD is IMPOSSIBLE to find, if anyone knows where I can get it, please let me know)




Eagles - Desperado from Farewaell 1 Tour DVD




Nirvana - Man Who Sold the World from MTV Unplugged

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Crackerman (MTV Unplugged) is an exceptional track.

You have good taste, McCracks ;)

Unknown said...

Yeah well some crazy Aussie girl got me hunting it down on a wild goose chase all over Bit Torrent. When I found it, I listened and said "Holy shit, that's awesome"