I was talking to Pam last night and she was discussing her latest encounter with "beer goggles". I know you all know what beer goggles are.
I had to laugh because as I thought about it, I realized that I don't really get beer goggles. I have drank a lot and flirted while drunk, but to bring it too far, I don't think I ever have.
We've all made some shitty judgments while drinking no doubt. Lord knows I've made my share over time. But going home with someone I wouldn't normally is not one of the ones I've made.
I have seen my friends do it. One buddy of mine chased this girl all around the bar one night and after we left, we found out she went home with him. Then the next morning when he sobered up, he considered running away from his own home. (of course there is a better part of this story that I'm not going to share, just in case he's reading)
In any event, I have learned something about myself. I get Beer Tunnelvision. It's the opposite of Beer Goggles. I am horribly picky when it comes to women and I know it. But if I get to drinking, anyone that was on the borderline or that I wasn't interested in goes from getting the silly joking and flirting to just nothing from me. Or I get mean like I did over New Years.
I sat down and thought about it and honestly, I haven't slept with anyone drunk that I wouldn't have sober. There were maybe some close calls, but I have definitely never woken up and said "whoa, bad move".
So what about it...do you get beer goggles or beer tunnelvision?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Beer Goggles
Posted by Unknown at 7:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Comments:
Mmmm I'm just going to say "no comment". I thought I remembered that time you said.......
Ha!
I am too socially dominant when I'm drinking. I get all loud and do stuff just for the attention. I am an attention whore when I am . Yes indeed. :-s
Hey, man.
I make a living out of it.
How did the word "drunk" not end up in that sentence??
.......no I'm not drunk right now.
O_o
I'm a beer goggleer, I've been beer goggle free for about three months. I know I have this problem but I've been trying to work it out with the help of my doctor and close friends. If my family found out I'd be horrified, they just wouldn't understand...
Yup, every one of my relationships has begun and ended with me 'making do' with the rubbish that is sent me. Hey I'm nearly 35 and I still haven't managed to father a child nor get married, so technically I have both tunnel vision and beer goggles, GOD HELP ME!
Post a Comment