Kids today. I don't understand them. Such a air of entitlement, greed and selfishness. I've worked hard to try and instill a bit of selflessness in them but it seems I've come up short.
Yesterday I found out that Brittany went and called the Social Security Administration and told them that her mother has been "stealing" her survivor's benefits checks.
If by stealing you mean clothing, feeding, keeping in a nice house with pets, laptop computers, digital cameras and paying for school trips, then I guess she has been.
But if you mean stealing as in taking the money and blowing it on stupid shit not related to Brittany, it's not true. The whole argument stems from the fact that Candi wouldn't give Brittany this month's payment because she was going to pay for Brittany's chorus trip to Florida with the money.
The real rub? She only qualifies for 4 more payments after this one. Now the Feds have opened a formal investigation to see if we've been defrauding the government. I say we because for the first 4 years that Britt was getting payments, I was married to her mother.
She came home and half heartedly denied it. When I told her I didn't believe her, she just said "Well I don't care what you think."
Ever feel the anger burst up like a gas tank with a lit match dropped in it? That's what I was feeling. I gave her the best advice of her life and told her to leave the room, which she was smart enough to do.
Now what the frig am I going to do with this kid?
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Kids today
Posted by Unknown at 10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Comments:
I'd suggest a good spanking but I'm thinking it's too late for that LoL
J/K I only had to deal with toddlers and grade school age kids as a nanny, things are easier when they are small..
Bit of a slap in the face there mate. I'd cancel her trip Florida personally.
Wow! I can't believe Brit did that. I really hope this situation all works out for all involved. How the hell do you prove to the SSA that you've been using the money to feed and clothe the child?
I totally understand where you are coming from about that "air of entitlement". I have that situation with the step-child. She doesn't do a damn thing around the house but expects us to pay for this and that all of the time.
Again, I really hope things all work out!
Faaaaark.... wow. I missed this entry for some reason. Must've been when I was on that weekend tour. You know... eventually, she's gonna dig herself so deep that she is completely buried in her own shit, and that is the only way this child will learn that she can't treat people this way.
Post a Comment