I was laying here at 11:30pm pondering blogging. Pondering what I was going to write about and I was thinking "fuck I am bored" Bored with my life in general. I shouldn't be, but sometimes I can be an ungrateful fuck.
Why should I be bored? I just found out today I'm getting a promotion at work. Now it's not the promotion I really wanted, but it's better than what I'm doing now. Plus there's the fact that my current position is being downsized in November. So...take a promotion or get laid off. No brainer, right?
Today I spent some time with the new boss and the guy I'm going to be working with. Everything looks good. I know I can do the work and they said if I put in 3-6 good months there, they'll take care of me down the road. If not, well it's a big world with lots of jobs out there.
But then at 11:39pm, I got a message. A message that sent a twist of nerves and excitement ripping though me. Seems like there's a good chance I'll have a visitor coming from out of town. I'm looking forward to it if it does come about, but it's a long way off and the deep down Cynic Phil knows better than to get too excited about such things. But right now, Cynic Phil can go fuck himself because I'm going to indulge in a little bit of hopefulness.
More later, we'll have to see how my tomorrow turns out.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Quick turn about
Posted by Unknown at 11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Comments:
tomorrows can go either way, I hope yours goes well :D
Oooooooooooooo!!!
Yeah, live is boring when one gets a promotion.
Post a Comment