Monday, September 22, 2008

Hypocritical

I hate being a hypocrite, but being nothing more than a common flawed man I find myself falling into this particular adjective.

One of the things I always have told people is to not pull away from me. Tell me the truth, even if it hurts, but don't just pull back and do the disappearing act. If they do that, I don't know if I fucked up or if it's just them having issues.

Hence comes my own duplicity. I have pulled back, far back from a friend of mine. Her behavior has been scattered at best and for someone who was supposed to be a good friend of over a decade, she's been very careless with her words. I am sick of being on the blunt end when the hammer comes swinging so I'm out.

On the other hand I have a friend I can feel pulling back. It's not anyone's fault, I'm pretty certain I didn't do anything wrong this time. It was even discussed over the weekend, but I still sense it and I don't like it.

But I think being the hypocrite is bothering me more.

3 Comments:

cherreh said...

Yeah it's hard though, because everyone's different.

Anonymous said...

The main demand I make of any boyfriend is to tell me if he's going to dump me instead of just disappearing off the face of the earth and popping up 1 year later and making me feel like some sort of a freak, or like he died.
But yeah.

:(
If you really do feel it's justified, and as long as you're aware you're a hypocrite, I say go for it! (And this is pertaining to YOUR scenario, not mine).

Anonymous said...

Oh, dont worry to much about it. We all have said a and done b one time or another. I guess one cannot do a all the time, not every situation is the same.