Monday, September 29, 2008

Do I really believe that I'm the center of the universe?

Sometimes when left with too much time on my brain, I over think things. Yes yes I know, you're all shocked to hear that but I do.

So I'm up at my father's Saturday, the day after his birthday to give him his present. While I'm up there, he mentions that my sister made no effort to talk my father on his birthday. No card, no phone call, no nothing.

The question that runs through my mind is...is she really that totally self-centered that she can't even bother or did she not do it just because I nagged her to make the effort?

She's still barely speaking to me since I narced out her lil man friend who smacked her around. In fact her mother called Dad accusing me of spreading fake stories and that I didn't know the whole truth about what happened. Right, I'm the liar. Since I have so much to gain from making up that story.

Now I'm torn between calling her out on it or just leaving it alone and letting her complete her journey into being an assholish adult. What to do...what to do...*ponders*

6 Comments:

Slade Wilson said...

I am sad to inform you, my friend, of the following news:

Scarlett Johansson is officially off the market, having wed actor Ryan Reynolds in a remote wilderness resort in Canada over the weekend.

One, I told you she was a freakin' flake. Two, Ryan Reynolds? Dude, if her taste is really that bad, you actually had a shot.

Hit me up on twitter, bitch...lol...

cherreh said...

How old is she?

It's Just Me said...

I know it would probably make you feel better if you called her on the carpet for this, however as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water..... well you know the rest. Let her complete her journey. You don't need to be caught up in all the drama, especially after you tried to help her and got nothing but grief.

Anonymous said...

Let it ride. You can't talk someone into caring about other people, you'll just get caught up an a big fight that solves nothing.

I think Slade's right, you had a shot with Scarlett. See what happens when you don't put in the effort?

Faith said...

I will add my vote here.. Let it be. Even if she were inclined towards taking advice, it doesn't sound like she's going to take anything from you right now. And I can't say that I'm surprised that she's pissed you "narced out" her boyfriend. I imagine that the only way I'd stay with a guy who smacked me around is if I was just blind enough (or scared of being alone) to take it. And I would be angry if he was taken away from me, even if it were for my own good. Hopefully she'll realize eventually that you did the right thing. It just might take her a long time.

From the patzer said...

I would say to let her mess up her life all on her own. All you can do is pray and hope for a miracle that she will all of the sudden becomes smart.