Sunday, December 14, 2008

What I'm dealing with








So I have an inch of ice, no power and no heat. I've been crashing at my dad's but I can't do this forever.

In the meantime, my main goal is to stay warm, stay fed and try and make the best of it. Especially since they are estimating that it'll be another 7-10 days before everyone's power is restored.

4 Comments:

Sandi said...

It just started here too.. Heavy freezing rain and ice pellets.

You could have used my Christmas present right about now!

It's Just Me said...

I guess we got lucky in CT, the temperatures were warm enough that it just rained and cause flooding.

Try to stay warm! Hope power is restored by now... I saw a convoy of about 5 CL&P trucks heading north on 395 Sunday..I assumed they were heading to your neck of the woods.

LMC said...

Damn! makes Minnesota look like paradise! We just got snow...lots and lots of snow!

Unknown said...

Sandi - I keep watching the mailbox...

IML - we got just creamed. We are getting crews from as far away as Maryland and Ohio here to help with the clean up. Still something like 80,000 people without power.

LMC - I WISH it was just snow. I can totally deal with snow.