Wednesday, December 17, 2008

6 days

Still no electricity. I do have heat but not hot water.

I hate winter. It's official. Especially after I got 4 inches of snow. On top of the ice.

Last night a power crew was working on the line outside of my house. They fixed the nursing home across the street, then left with me still in the dark.

Homicidal fury is close...very close.

On the flip side, my buddy Ed here at work took a photo that was featured on the Weather Channel web site. Check it out:

Weather.com featured photo

4 Comments:

Faith said...

damn. I totally lived in your hell back in 1998 when southeastern ontario got hit with an ice storm right after new year's. I lived in a house that backed onto a creek with a bunch of trees bordering it.. and on the night the storm hit, I couldn't sleep for the sound of tree branches breaking under the weight of the ice. I hope your power comes back on soon.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. That's amazing! Do trees always do that?

(excuse my Sydneysider snow-ignorance)

Unknown said...

Faith - we got the remnants of the 1998 storm and until now THAT was the worst ice we had ever seen.

Gyp - No, trees don't always do this. We just had like 18 hours straight of ice falling and rain freezing to the branches and causing trees and branches to fall all over.

LMC said...

Once again you made Minnesota look like paradise! I like a little snow for Christmas, but we have been getting snow on and off for the past 5 days. it can stop now.

Stay safe on the roads if you have to go out in that crap.