Thursday, December 18, 2008

A few items of business

First of all, I got power back. I have never been without power for 6 days straight in my life. It was quite an experience, one I hope to never repeat.

Next, the ice might be thawing a bit with my daughter. Maybe, I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.

Third, hockey rules. I can not get enough hockey this year. I actually don't mind Saturday nights at home with no plans. Hockey Night In Canada on the NHL Network. Plus it doesn't hurt that the Bruins are kicking ass.

Last, I am feeling the music jones. I'm listening to it again all night instead of watching TV. I am thirsty for new, good tunes again. That being said, I'm finding myself being slightly bothered. Here's why.

How long have we all been hearing about the "new" Guns N Roses album? Years and years. It's been delayed, moved back, stalled over and over again. But I heard Chinese Democracy on Octane on XM. I found my ears perking up. So I downloaded it. It's pretty good. I can't believe it. I wanted to hate it, I really did. I wanted to hate it even more than I wanted to hate Lil Wayne's Tha Carter, but fuck if don't have both CDs now.

So now I'm off to listen to them and start adding stars in iTunes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I just hate Axl Rose too much to give his music the time of day.... lol!

Unknown said...

Seriously, get over the hatred for 1/2 hour and give it a listen. I hate him too, but fuck he still has talent.

If he hadn't been such a douche, we'd be talking about GnR in the same breaths as Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and The Who.

LMC said...

Hey do the bruins still have Manny Fernandez as their goalie? He was with the Minnesota Wild and they traded him. He was my favorite goalie. The Wild are kind of sucking right now, I think they lost the last 5 or 6 games and it is really hard to be a fan. They won last night and play again tonight. I hope I'm not disappointed again.

I've only heard one song from the new GnR CD. It was OK...I have not heard enough to go out and get the CD yet. I'll always like Guns N Roses. Their song "patients" was our wedding song.

Unknown said...

Yes, the B's still have Manny Fernandez and he's playing pretty well. He may have earned himself steady time in goal now after being hurt and not playing at all last season.