I've had it.
No, really I'm done.
My middle daughter has been...difficult this past year to say the least. She's just not wanting anything to do with me and my family. I did nothing to her. I've said nothing to her to set her off. She's just miserable. Even to the point where she's doing the same to her mother.
That's not even the problem. I can out-stubborn her any day of the week and twice on Sunday. She'll get her just desserts.
What's bugging me is the incessant opining and unsolicited advice I'm getting. All of the "well what are you going to do about it?" and the "you know you have to get this fixed." Do I? Really?
I know it's making me a miserable bastard to some people about it. During this past week I have tweaked out at both my mother and my father about it. Tonight's answers to my father's opinions were "Really? I need to fix it? I'll fix it when you stop acting like I'm some kind of idiot."
The thing is...you can't fix it. You don't have the right answer. You don't know me. You don't know my kid. You don't know anything about our relationship or lack thereof. So please...
Shut the fuck up about it.
PS - as a result of the last few months, I will be greatly curtailing my own tendency to give advice. Mama didn't raise no hypocrite.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Enough, just enough
Posted by Unknown at 7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Ah, yeah. I'm like that with my parents. I love them and all, but... yeah... I have a life to get on with.
-gulps- I'm guilty of offering you that unsoliciated advice HOWEVER I always follow it up with " What the fuck do I know; look at my kid"
I think people have good intentions. Anyone that truly knows you can see you wear your heart on your sleeve( even though you try and play the badass) and this situation obviously upsets you. Maybe they feel this is their (albeit useless) contribution for a friend. I know thats how I feel. In my feeble brain, not acknowledging it would mean I don't care enough to ask. By asking, I'm demonstrating that I care about your life in its entirety, not just the fuzzy good shit.
Post a Comment