Yesterday Britt and I headed off to New York City on a day trip that I signed up for through work. It was a short day, but it only cost $40 so who the hell could complain?
On the way down there I had my eyes open as I passed through some places I hadn't seen in a while. They were nice to see and some things got me thinking which doesn't help you sleep much on a noisy bus, but the day was still full of promise.
So we got there a little before noon and did all of the touristy schlep that you're supposed to do. I'll let the pics do the talking:
Lunch at the Hard Rock in Times Square
A stroll past Radio City Music Hall
People skating at Rockefeller Center. I would have liked to, but Brittany can't skate to save her life.
The top of the Empire State Building. Yes I wore a Red Sox hat in New York. If you're a true fan, you'll have the balls to take the abuse.
Went to Ground Zero. Not much more than another construction site now.
My favorite part of the trip. Sunset at Battery Park looking out at the Statue of Liberty.
Back to Times Square for a bite before the bus ride home. We got TOTALLY dissed at the ESPNZone. Sat there 30 minutes with no server before I told off the manager and walked out. I won't be spending any more money in there.
Tomfoolery on the bus ride home. Tired and punchy. Slept most of the way and got home around midnight.
So that's that, off to the rat race tomorrow again. I'm going to try and be better about blogging more but it is a holiday week...who knows?
8 Comments:
:-D
That sounds absolutely great!
I miss New York. :( Haven't been there since like '98...
looks like fun for you and the offspring :D
yeah holiday week, kills my bloggin too
Did ya at least wave at the D & G store front? Just a little wave? Glad you had fun
Dude, you should've called me. I would've come down and hung with you. And ESPNZone is like the worst place to go in Manhattan. I would've taken you to Dave & Busters.
You guys looked like you had fun, though. And yeah, true fans rep no matter what. Next time call me and I'll show you how cool my city really is...
Awww looks like you guys had a blast :)
Cherry - sorry, no music stores in SoHo. I didn't really feel like going down there and browsing.
Ann-Mi - I haven't been in a few years. As much as I hate to admit it, there is something to NYC that you just don't get in other places.
Nysak - I wanted to blog soooo many times and I just never got around to it.
Sandi - I did laugh going by. It was so small though, I was shocked. But it was right where you told me to look on Madison Ave.
Slade - bro I was totally thinking about it but I only had like 6 hours to do everything in. I'm going to make another trip down and I'm definitely going to holla.
Kelley - it was a good time. One of those trips you take just to have the memory of with your kid. I need one of them to like me cuz they need to take care of me when I'm old and crapping in my pants.
But what about the twi-.. Oh.
I wonder how much else has changed.
But the Madison Scare Garden is pretty awesome!
Wonder if the Phantom of the Opera restaurant still exists.
Post a Comment