My weekend started out with me figuring out which day would be the best day to do my laundry. That's how it started anyway.
Saturday night became a long night out bar hopping. There was some drama that is way too long to get in to here. But let's say that for the short part of the story, it involved a stripper, pancakes and an old drunk guy falling off a bar stool.
Sunday is the really noteworthy day. Due to a last minute cancellation, I found myself in possession of a ticket to the Nine Inch Nails concert and a seat in the stretch limo to go down there in.
The night started off ominously when a pair of the younger members of our group decided that 4pm was a perfectly good hour to start doing shots in large quantities. Then the limo didn't show up on time. An hour late. For real.
We got to the show, got to our seats and the opening band started playing. I don't know who they were, but I like to call them "The Nameless Suck Band". You can probably guess what I thought of them.
So Stoner Jamie, his girlfriend and I decide we are going to head up to the bar and get drinks. I figured I wanted to get my drinking jump started so I did something uncharacteristic:
Yeah, that cost me $20. So much for the plan of getting drunk at the show. Turned out I didn't really need to be. Mostly because Dave, one of the aforementioned shot boys, passed out in his seat before the opener was done and got hauled to the first aid room. That's fine, but when he got there he got belligerent with the EMTs and the police got called. The cops were cool, they decided to release him to us with the promise we wouldn't let him drink anymore. As it turned out, he passed out again and slept through the entire show.
In any event, the show was amazing. The lights and visuals were as good as the music and that's saying something considering they didn't use a single piece of pyrotechnics.
Here are a few videos and pics, cell phone variety but they make the point:
The sign the size of the stage
And now, I must go to sleep...need rest.
7 Comments:
I was down with the whole post, right up until the end -grins- The stripper/pancake/old man bar stool reference was fantastic. Your pictography, video enhancement...wow, all awesome and all making me wish I was there. Then you screwed it up. You showed pictures of dead, charbroiled flesh aka The Wendy's whopper. Ew. I'm glad you're sleeping. You need it. Partyboy -snorts-
omg omg omg omg omg omg
*ENVY*
my weekend was decidedly more tame...
but also decidedly more full of sexins :D
I really need to go see NIN some day. While I don't own any of their stuff, I'm sure I'd like them live.
My last show was David Byrne and it was positively AMAZING.
Sadly my weekends start with me deciding when I should do the laundry...then doing it. Nothing fun in between!
Awesome!!
You paid 20 dollars and still got a lousy plastic cup? Pfffft.
i am so freaking jealous!
Post a Comment