Today I got an interesting phone call at work. Back almost two months ago, a recruiter called me about a job much closer to home for about 30% more money. However before I could apply, they chose another person.
Well it just so happens another opening there has come up. Unfortunately it's still help desk work, but the pay is better, the commute is WAY better and there is no income tax for me to deal with.
On another front, something I've been kind of struggling with still hasn't resolved itself. It might be some time before it does and the longer it drags on, the uglier it's going to be I think.
I'm also pondering trying a real live dating site. I hate hate HATE the bar scene and let's face it, any woman you pick up in a bar isn't one you're going to stay with for any real length of time.
Anyone have any advice on such things? Honestly, I'm totally clueless on this one.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
A break perhaps? A small break even?
Posted by Unknown at 9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Comments:
Try Plentyoffish.com, it's free!
I actually know a couple guys who have used, or currently use dating sites. In fact, Rainer used lavalife for quite some time, and although he didn't meet me on it, he did meet me online. Another friend has been dating his butt off for about a year now, and has met most of the women either online, or through friends of women he met online. It's not a bad idea to try.
From a female's perspective, do stay away from the bar scene because the same holds true, the guys in bars aren't the ones us girls want to date.
I would suggest online sites. I met hubby online over 10 years ago back when AOL was popular.
King - free huh? Hmm, that'll be worth checking out.
Faith - I keep hearing good things, but then I hear total nightmares too. And from what I've seen, match.com is just as shitty as hunting in bars.
IML - another online match huh? I must be doing something wrong. LOL
well, I don't think it's possible to find a type of dating that doesn't have downsides. Dating is just risky, no matter how or where you do it. But if you're tired of the bar scene, and you don't get to meet women many other ways, then online is worth a shot. The funny thing is that if Rainer and I hadn't hooked up, he would have stayed with the girl he'd just started to get serious with when I decided I was serious about him. So he technically has *two* success stories!
Post a Comment