Well it's been 5 days now with Britt living here. It's been pretty quiet so far here and I don't mind it.
To hear her mother tell it, she was a constant problem every day. Here she's been perfectly fine. We haven't fought, haven't had any skirmishes even bordering on fighting.
She is home at curfew every night and in bed by 11 all on her own.
I'm wondering where this monster is that her mother kept describing.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
So far so good
Posted by Unknown at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Comments:
Perhaps there is a lack of hormones in the air...
Its a "combination of" situation:
Mom (a girl) + Daughter (a girl) = BAD
Dad + Daughter = OK (but only temporary until daughter figures out she can't manipulate Dad)
Been there, done that, outgrew the t-shirt
She might just be still remorseful.. or her mother might have had a nagging problem, or some other problem that brought out the worst in her.. you won't know until more time goes by. I really hope that for her sake she finds it a lot easier living with you.. cause it sounds like she needs an emotionally safe place. I'm not saying be lenient, but at the very least, if issues do arise, you have to stay calm. Freaking out at her, as tempting as that might be, will only alienate her. And you *want* her to want to be with you right now. You did a good job.
I hope it keeps going well.
Post a Comment