Yesterday was our semi-annual poker party. We all contribute through the year and then pool the money and throw a big ass party. This year's savings was a little over $350. So what does $350 buy a bunch of guys throwing a party?
8 full racks of ribs
20 pounds of house marinated steak tips
A KILLER 7.5 pound London Broil
1 keg of cheap beer (I had no input on this)
Hot dogs for the kids
Tons of chips and dip
Now what does this lead to? Well, for me it led to a few really shitty card games (because I was buzzed and stuffed full of food and didn't care), a look of consternation when I brought the little man to his mother, more partying, giving in to peer pressure and doing a keg stand and lots of play time with my wee little niece, including letting her snag my sunglasses:

Thankfully I woke up this morning without the massive hangover I was anticipating which was good because somethings might be changing for the better at work and it would be bad to start showing up still drunk from the night before.
3 Comments:
Nice trees, man.
I miss the dummy days. My kid still wants one to fall asleep with and I have to say no (she is, after all, 7 tomorrow) but I secretly want to give her one.
Aww she's got a holoween Nukk, too cute
Cherry - trees is all we frickin' have here. This state is I think 85% forest.
Nysak - I didn't even notice until you mentioned that.
Post a Comment