Ok, for those of you that really don't know me, I hate shopping. I'm not talking about groceries, I mean general, Walmart type stuff.
Yesterday I decided I really had to do some shopping. On the list?
- Good razors, I bought cheap ones last week which mangled my scalp
- Ipod dock for work, less than $75
- Get cell phone fixed (camera is broken)
- Chair for the computer desk (Sir Fat Ass broke the old one)
- Food for lunch next week
Seems pretty basic? So why did it take me going to 7 different stores? The frickin' Ipod dock. Every place had these ridiculous $200 Ipod docks. It's going to work with me, that's all. The ones that were cheaper all plugged in through the headphone jack which I didn't want. I hit Walmart, Target, Tweeter, Circuit City and Best Buy until I found one. At Best Buy I found a dock that seemed perfect. I couldn't really tell how it plugged in so I asked the guy "Does this plug in through the headphone jack or through the Ipod cable?" He told me "through the cable" so I bought it. I took it home and opened it.
Plugs in through the headphone jack. Mother fucker.
I was so aggravated I didn't even notice that I forgot the computer chair. However I do have a positive experience. You know how they say when you have a bad experience you tell like a zillion people but when you have a good one you only tell a few? Well I'm going to share both experiences with the same people Take THAT survey nerd.
I went into the Verizon Wireless store yesterday to see about getting my phone fixed. Now in the past, the people at Verizon have been...well...twats. So I had a plan all set. I figured they'd have to send my phone out and make me wait for the factory. I had my old phone with me for them to turn on while it was gone and everything. I walked in expecting a retardedly long wait since it was Saturday afternoon. But I got right in, got to see someone and he said "Ok, we'll mail you a new phone within the next 7 days. Just put your battery and back on it and send the broken one back in the postage paid envelope that we'll send you."
That's it? No fight? No 3-6 week wait? No paperwork? No hassle???? Well color me shocked, and suddenly feeling more loyal to Verizon Wireless than I have in the past. Now we'll just see if the phone shows up as promised.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Shop shop shopping
Posted by Unknown at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Comments:
If you hate the shopping experience so much, why don't you shop online for everything like I do, much simpler.
sounds like my shopping experiences. tons of frustration only to get home to realize i forgot something on the list (usually the most important item).
at least its over.
Most times I LOVE shopping. I do tend to get a mite ornery if it's hot and muggy outside though. Then, I just want to run to AC.
Ahem - how could you have forgotten the chair?!?!?!
Post a Comment