Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm a flirt?

So tonight I'm at poker at my bro Stoner Jamie's. It's the regular Wednesday night thing and all the guys are together while the lady folk are upstairs doing whatever you women do when you're alone in groups.

Tonight after the second game (which I lost fairly early in), I decided to venture in the land of womanhood. It's no big deal, I know everyone in there and Jamie's fiancee loves me. So I walk in and A, who is one of the fiancee's friends is just like "oh heeeeeeey". Me being me, I play it up, like way over the top back just to be funny.

One of the other girls (who is stoned out of her head at this point) just blurts out "OMG, flirt much?" I got kind of mad at first, but then was told by all the other girls that yes, I flirt...a lot.

The thing is, I'm not even trying to. Most of the time, I'm just trying to be funny. It's not like I'm thinking "Oh, I'm going to make her laugh and she'll be into me." Most of the time it's like "how can I make everyone laugh?" and I just do shit.

The really, really funny part is. All this flirting and I still have an empty bed every night. I guess I'm not a very good flirt. LOL

6 Comments:

Spacey Stacey said...

i do the same thing all the time, so says the wife. she says that when i say hi to people i bat my eyelashes and that i am constantly flirting. i don't even mean to. much like you, i'm just trying to be pleasant or funny. i guess it explains a lot of situations i found myself in when i was younger, though. ;-)

unintentional flirters of the world unite!

Anonymous said...

Yay! It will be a fun club. I don't mean to - well not all the time, anyway.

NysaK said...

I'm a terrible flirt, but like you said mostly I'm just being interesting and funny, and really that's just being me.
The one place I am intentionally flirty is on-line, but that's only with people I trust, ones who know I'm just begin silly and we have a bit of a laugh :D

Unknown said...

Stacey - sometimes I think you're the female lesbian version of me. LOL

Deb - I think you mean to more than you let on ya know.

Nysak - I've known you're a flirt from day one. You just get that vibe sometimes and I got it from you ages ago.

LOTGK - the girl that made the comment is only 20 years old and her boyfriend was in the other room at the poker table. I chalk it up to her being dumb and immature.

Ann-Mi said...

I get along better with guys than girls, and when I try to be friendly and be "normal" with them, a lot of them think I'm trying to flirt! It's not true! I'm just being friendly. :( It's not like I make sexy comments about licking armpits or something.

NysaK said...

A male friend told me I was going to hell for teasing him :P
I told him I wasn't trying, he said that just made it worse lol