Tonight was my last night at school. It was pretty tough because we had a sub and he just wasn't that good. Smart guy, knows his stuff but not much of a teacher.
But while I was there, I got a call from my friend Rose. Last fall, Rose's sister dropped dead of a massive heart attack right out of the blue. The wake was unlike any I have ever scene. There was a line snaking through the nursing home and round the parking lot twice. It stayed like that for over 2 hours. Thankfully I got there early and only waited for 1 hour.
This time when she called, it was that same somber voice she used last time. This time her stepson. Young kid, in his 20's, found dead. No one knows for sure how, but the thought is a possible overdose. I knew he dabbled in drugs, but last time I saw him, he was clean and sober. I guess it didn't last.
So next week sometime will be another wake. I'm just waiting for the next one. Things happen in threes...what's next?
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
You think you've got problems?
Posted by Unknown at 11:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comment:
Oh man, that is so sad.
Hopefully, that "three" thing is just a myth and nothing else like this happens to people you care about.
Post a Comment