Monday, June 2, 2008

You can call it progress

So after the literally dozens of interviews I have endured over the past few months, I have finally gotten a job offer.

Sadly, the salary is a joke. Never mind that gas is $4 a gallon and I would be commuting to Cambridge everyday, when I check out the average salaries for the position, they are about $10K short of the average and $35K short of the top salaries for the position.

Mind you I have an interview for a job that'll pay more and is less than 25 miles from my apartment. Also I aced an interview today for a promotion where I'm at now that will pay the same amount as the Cambridge job, but with a 50 mile shorter round trip commute.

I told the lady I have to think about it. That means I have to think of a way to say "no" in the nicest possible way.

1 Comment:

logis said...

Salary isn't everything. I mean, are their still promotion chances? Do you love the work you have to do? Do you like the collegues? ...

And all of that you have to take into consideration aswell.