Seems I have somehow slipped into a time of a bit of peace and quiet. I got Britt's latest progress report and she has caught up on a bunch of work so the school's not pissed off for now which is a major burden off my back.
I spent some time hanging out with Stoner Jamie over the weekend. His mom was in town to visit so I got to see her. She was like my other mother and I practically lived at her house about 50% of my teenage years. She's finally remarried to a decent guy so it was good to see her. I watched the kids so Jamie could take them to Boston for the night. I had to scold the baby which was a new one for her. Usually Uncle Phil is Mr. Fun and Games, but she got this annoying habit of taking a drink of milk and then spitting it on the kitchen floor. Ummm...no chance little lady.
Now I have a new boss at work to replace Captain Useless. The new guy seems to have a decent attitude, but he's like 27 and he looks 17. He basically said flat out that he's only planning on being around for a year or two tops, then he's moving on. Fine by me, if I'm in my same position after two years, I'll be ready to move on too.
I just looked on my calendar and in the next 5 weeks I have Britt's chorus concert, her LNA graduation and her 18th birthday. Holy shit, I better start saving some cash now.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Peace and quiet?
Posted by Unknown at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comment:
Oh icky.
I hate those realisations that bad expensive things are looming....
*shudder*
"Captain Useless".... hehehee.
Post a Comment