Today we had a meeting at work with a TON of people. It was basically to talk about how things are going with the business.
For the last oh, 10 years or so I have found myself working for companies that were perpetually in a state of decline. One place printed checks, the next one was a now defunct computer & electronics retailer and the last one before this was an outsource IT provider that got hammered by the sub-prime lending crisis since they supported a huge investment bank.
So to sit in a meeting and have all the financials in the green, plans for aggressive growth and capital improvements. When I got hired I got exactly what I wanted money-wise without having to fight. We are making tech buys that make my life easier.
But when your boss says in front of 1000 people "In 12 months, we expect to be able to do it cheaper and better than Walmart." I have to wonder if maybe I'm finally in a place where my career will grow.
And when it comes to your career, hope can be a very motivating factor.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Things that are nice to know
Posted by Unknown at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
I can totally relate to what you are talking about! I feel the same way about the position I am in now. Yes, hope is very motivating!!!
Feeling like you're an essential cog in the wheel is wonderful for your self esteem. Especially if that wheel is gaining momentum and you're along for the ride.
You deserve the glory. You struggled to get there. It makes
it all sweeter than maple syrup
Post a Comment