Yesterday was a big deal. Not for me, but for my father. He turned the big 60. I guess I can't deny it any more, my old man is...old.
He's never been one for a big deal on his birthday. I guess at a certain point it just doesn't matter anymore. I don't mind a big deal for my own birthday, but I don't mind it at all.
I talked to him last night around 9pm. As usual my dumbass brother and sister had not bothered to make a phone call even. This time I think he was genuinely bothered by it. I did all I could. I texted them and reminded them. If they fuck up now, it's all on them.
It's funny though, he's not sixty like you think of most people who are sixty. He's got no gray hair. He's not in declining health. Shit, he still drives a patrol car and wrestles with dummies full time, even though he can retire whenever he feels the urge.
So since I have such shitty siblings, I'll go a little more all out this year. I'll stop and get a small cake and such. Try to make it a little bit of a big deal at least.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
The Big Six Oh
Posted by Unknown at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
think that's an awesome thing to do for your Dad Phil. It will bother me to turn 60 in 6 yrs, so good for you for making it special. To hell with your siblings.
My father will be 60 in oktober aswell. I dont find that old, just distinguished and smart. :-)
Post a Comment